Monday, December 17, 2012

A Million Suns by Beth Revis



A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Synopsis:
Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.

It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. Everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. 

But there may be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to act on his vision–no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder learns shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a mystery that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier. Their success–or failure–will determine the fate of the 2,298 passengers aboard Godspeed. But with each step, the journey becomes more perilous, the ship more chaotic, and the love between them more impossible to fight.

My Review:
♫♫♫♫♫-Presto!

I know I said Across the Universe was amazing, but THIS! This blew my mind. It was extremely good. I LOVED it. Beth Revis does well again!

There are so many decisions that the characters have to make. So many life changing situations in the book. It keeps you on the edge of your seat until it's resolved. There're constant, one after another, dilemmas that make you shocked, angry, sad, or happy.

The romance between Amy and Elder builds, with true love. Not insta-love, and I really love that about this story. You can see the definite connection between the two. Amy and Elder talk things through, speak about how they feel, and have real conversations, unlike some books where all the couple is doing is kissing.

Much like Across the Universe, there are so many twists and shocking scenes that occur. There was one in specific that had me reading the page over multiple times.

I read this book within a day, non-stop. I just couldn't put it down, it was so good. Every time I told myself to stop and take a break, something interesting happened in the book, and I needed more.

Overall, this book was really great, and one of the best books I've read!


No comments:

Post a Comment